December 28, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday (24).

Waiting On Wednesday is from Jill, at Breaking the Spine.






Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler
Hudson can't wait to get out of Watonka, her working-class town outside of Buffalo. Once upon a time, her talent as a skater was going to be her ticket out... but when her parents' marriage unraveled three years ago, so did her dreams. Now, she buries herself in making cupcakes for her mom's diner and imagining her parallel life where she went on to skate to glory. But when she gets a letter inviting her to audition for a skating scholarship *and* the hockey team asks for her help with their technique (read: free ice time for Hudson), it's impossible to ignore the signs. Is she ready to get back on the ice? Could this be her ticket out? Hudson's determined not to let anything stand in her way. But between baking and waitressing at the diner, the love triangle that's developing with two outrageously cute hockey boys, and the simmering drama with her best friend, her future is anything but certain...


Ockler dazzled me with Twenty Boy Summer, and I'm sure she can dazzle me again with Bittersweet. Any time I come across a YA book that involves cooking, I'm sold.

11 comments:

  1. I really like the new cover they have for Bittersweet (it isn't the one you featured). I'm so excited for this book! At least the wait is almost over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I loved this one it was soo cute and yummy!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bittersweet sounds very good! I like the cover! Great choice! Thank you for sharing it!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh...this sounds good. I have Twenty Boy Summer on the shelf and have to get to it. Bittersweet is a good choice. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one looks awesome - I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the sound of this one. I think I'll give this a try! Great pick!

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that cover! But the book doesn't seem like my kind of thing... Enjoy it!

    Nina @ Death Books and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  8. A cute pick, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you cry as much as I did for Twenty Boy Summer? I went through at least twenty individual tissues for it. I was a walking waterfall.

    And I've listened in to the prebuzz for Bittersweet and I'm itching to get my hands on it.

    Have an amazing reading week! And happy holidays!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Twenty Boy Summer so I think I will love this too. Sounds like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw this at work today! I almost grabbed it from the shelf. Great choice :)

    ♥ Trish

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...